The Four Forms of Financial Aid


    Grant- money that is given to a student, usually because of financial need


    Scholarship- money that is awarded because of exceptional academic achievement, and outstanding talent, skill or financial need


    Work Study- money a student earns by working at a job on campus


    Loan- money borrowed by they student that must be repaid


    All students who plan to attend college must complete the FAFSA form.  This is a free application for student aid.  FAFSA forms are available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov or in paper copy in the Guidance Office.


    The FAFSA form cannot be submitted prior to December. 

     Tax returns from two years prior are needed to complete the FAFSA form.


    Information from this form will be sent to all colleges that you have applied to.  You will then receive a SAR(student aid report) from the individual college financial aid offices.  The SAR will indicate how much money you will be receiving towards your tuition.  This report will also tell you what your EFC(expected family contribution) will be.  This is the amount of money that you and/or your family will have to pay to attend that particular school.