Wednesday, March 25th Homework / Laptop / Instrument Delivery and Pick-up Schedule:
Busses will depart from the school between 2 and 2:30 for resident deliveries. A robo-call will be made to notify parents when busses depart the school.
West Valley and Franklinville families can pick up their items in the Ellicottville BOCES Parking Lot from 3:00PM -4:00PM.
Cattaraugus / Little Valley families and families from all other districts not listed can pick up at the Ellicottville Central Elementary entrance of the school from 3:00PM– 4:00PM.
Salamanca families can pick up their items in the Green Gables parking lot from 4:30PM -5:30PM.
Good morning Ellicottville Central School Parents and Students,
It is Wednesday morning, March 25th. I would like to provide some clarification and answer questions we have received regarding today’s deliveries.
For district residents, we have placed all resident student packages on busses regardless of whether the student normally rides the bus. Packages for all resident students have been organized by home address. All parents should be on the lookout for the busses in order to get your family’s package.
We have also had a couple of questions about one family picking up other family’s / families’ packages at the non-resident drop—offs. For safety and security reasons we cannot allow this. Each family may only pick up their package.
Also non-residents, your pickup location will be determined by your home district, not your address.
We in the process of trying to get as many band instruments and folders as possible included with today’s delivery. We have sprayed the instrument case on the outside with disinfectant. When you receive the instrument, you will need to clean and disinfect the instrument and inside the case. Again, you will need to clean and disinfect the instrument and inside the case.
Starting tomorrow morning, we will be making individual contact with families who were not at home to receive their package or were unable to pick it up at a drop-off location. Please know we will make alternative arrangements with you to either deliver or have you pick up your package by noon on Saturday.
We will be making a robo-call this afternoon when the busses depart for delivery so you will have an idea of when to start watching for them.
Thank you and have a good morning.
Message from the evening of March 24th:
Dear Ellicottville Central School Parents and Students,
I’m excited to let you know that we have been busy assembling work packets, memory sticks and grade 7-12 laptops that students left at the school for delivery. We will be making deliveries on Wednesday afternoon (March 25th) with a departure between 2 and 2:30 PM.
Here is the plan:
- We will be making the deliveries with school busses.
- Deliveries will be made to student’s permanent residence. At this time we do not have the ability to deliver to other locations.
- We have prepared packages by families.
- Drivers will follow their normal routes.
- Please be on the lookout so that the bus can stop and deliver you family’s package. A packet will not be left unless you are in the driveway or otherwise make visual contact with the driver.
- As the bus approaches your house, please stay at least 20 feet back from the road.
- The driver will open the door, verify the family name and then set your packet on the ground in the driveway.
- Please wait for the driver to get back on the bus before proceeding to your packet.
- Packets will be in plastic bags so items are protected from moisture.
- We are doubling up the bus routes so that there are two drivers working each bus, so it may take a while for your bus to reach your house.
- If you live down a narrow road or a long private driveway please wait in your car by the main road.
- We will send out a robo-call when the busses depart so that you can be looking for them.
If you are a non-resident family, we are setting up 3 pick-up locations:
- West Valley and Franklinville families can pick up their items in the Ellicottville BOCES Parking Lot from 3:00PM -4:00PM.
- Cattaraugus / Little Valley and families from all other districts can pick up at the elementary entrance of the school from 3:00 PM– 4:00 PM.
- Salamanca families can pick up their items in the Green Gables parking lot from 4:30PM -5:30PM.
- For families picking up packets, we ask that only one person proceed towards the bus at a time. When you are about 20 feet away from the bus, the driver will ask your name and get your packet.
- Please wait for the driver to get back on the bus before picking up your packet.
- I would ask that you stay in your car until it is your turn to pick up your packet.
We will contact families that were not at home for delivery or who did not pick-up their packet at a drop-off location on Thursday to make other arrangements.
This information will be posted on the District website and our facebook page.
I would also like to thank everyone for their patience as we work through this situation.
In the meantime, stay healthy and safe.